EASA PART 66 Module 17A
Chapter 1/7: Fundamentals.
Chapter 2/7: Propeller Construction.
Chapter 3/7: Propeller Pitch Control.
Chapter 4/7: Propeller Synchronizing.
Chapter 5/:7 Propeller Ice Protection.
Chapter 6/7: Propeller Maintenance.
Chapter 7/7: Propeller Storage and Preservation .
Propeller Exam (Membership only).
EASA Part 66 Module 17 Forum
Module 17: Propeller
No topics were found here
Fundamentals Blade element theory;
- High/low blade angle, reverse angle, angle of attack, rotational speed;
- Propeller slip;
- Aerodynamic, centrifugal, and thrust forces;
- Relative airflow on blade angle of attack;
- Vibration and resonance.
- Construction methods and materials used in wooden, composite and metal propellers;
- Blade station, blade face, blade shank, blade back and hub assembly;
- Fixed pitch, controllable pitch, constant speeding propeller;
- Propeller/spinner installation.
- Synchronizing and synchronizing equipment.
Propeller Ice Protection
- Fluid and electrical de-icing equipment.
Part 66 module 17a Propeller Maintenance
- Static and dynamic balancing;
- Blade tracking;
- Assessment of blade damage, erosion, corrosion, impact damage, delaminating;
- Propeller treatment/repair schemes;
- Propeller engine running
Propeller Storage and Preservation
- Propeller preservation and depreservation.
- On completion of the module you will be able to sit a multi choice exam.
Please support us with rating this article.